

November Area Service Committee

November 19th, 2023 4pm

Next Area Meeting: December 17th, 2023 4pm

Moment of Silence: Yes

Serenity Prayer: Yes

12 Traditions: Brad S.

12 Concepts: Katy G.

Service Prayer: Hannah B.

Open Positions:

Treasure: Hannah B expressed willingness to serve as Treasure. Hannah B was voted in!!!

Co-Treasure: No willingness at this time.

Minutes approved: Yes

Attendees: Zach W, Katy G, Don R, Jen S, Kari R, Tim C, Hannah B, Jim C, Brad S, Megan S, Rob C, Jared G, Christina R.

Trusted Servant Reports:

Secretary Report:

Addict named Christina. Minutes have been emailed and submitted to the website. I have updated the Area Agenda. I will also work on printing the 12 Concepts and the Service Prayer for next month's meeting. I will not be at our next Area meeting on December 17th, but Melissa W. will stand in as secretary. You can still email me your reports and I will finalize the report along with the information that Melissa W. gathers from next months meeting. I have made some corrections with the Area Agenda form. Thank you for letting me serve.

Treasure Report: (Report written before November Area was held, Hannah B elected Treasure)
By Megan S.

Hannah B. and I met with Michelle Kilinski (branch manager) at Credit Union ONE bank on Wednesday, November 15, 2023 to discuss options for removing Pete M. from our Area bank account and to add new trusted servants. Currently Zach W. and I were signed on as check signers and Pete M. and Mike B. were removed. A copy of our election minutes and our NW Area Service Committee Guidelines were given to the bank to keep in our file to show which trusted servants specifically are allowed to be listed. We explained that once a new treasurer (and possibly Co-Treasurer) were elected I would supply them a written letter on our Area letterhead via email so they knew who exactly who has been given permission to be added. After today I will send them that official letter and ensure that the new Treasurer goes into sign

ASAP. We will be completing a whole new set of account paperwork so myself and Zach W will need to go back in and sign again as well. Hannah B. and I also discussed and decided to consolidate all of our area funds, except our prudent reserve, into the main checking. Pete had separated it into subcommittee buckets for easier balance records, but money would need to be moved mobile every time a check was written. We closed the buckets and now all funds are in the checking account so they can be accessed as soon as a check is written so no checks bounce. The new Area Treasurer can decide how to manage the account once they are elected. I also confirmed that I was a current approved check signed and then paid our rent to Faith Reformed Church in the amount of \$115.00 via check. This was dropped off the morning of November 19, 2023, and a receipt was signed to confirm delivery. I have all the treasury stuff from Pete M.'s family (Thanks Tim C.!) and I will pass it on to the new elected Treasurer. I am unsure of what was kept up to date in the records, but Hannah B. (past Treasurer) has taken a peek before Area so hopefully it's not too bad.

Thanks for letting me serve!
Megan S.
Area Service Committee Facilitator

RCM Report:

Hi family. Addict name Zach. Region is coming December 3d in Muskegon. Room has been reserved with the regional block at the shoreline inn and conference center. Room is \$128 +\$19.35 tax coming to \$148.35. I'm also asking 56.65 mileage bring the total budget request for this regional meeting \$205.

Thanks for letting me serve Zach W. RCM. Rob C. RCMA

Sub-Committee Reports:

Activities:

Report by Jared G. Halloween Dance brought in \$2,042!
\$59 from Petes potluck
Total of \$2,101 donated to Area
Budget request of \$45.84 for the Home Group Challenge

Literature:

Report by Jen S.
Previous balance \$559.08
Expenses \$0
Income \$515.25
New balance \$1074.33
Literature donated an infinity coin for Pete M.
I would like to make an amendment to the previous report, please send order to Literature chair by 2pm instead of 3pm. Email address: NWArealliterature22@gmail.com

Public Relations: Hey Family Addict named Katy,

This month felt like a productive one, we still have some open positions, but we are moving forward. We have co-chair, correctional facility coordinator, schedule coordinator, and co-secretary, but Yon is interim correctional facility, and Casey D. is working with schedules still. Everything we need is being covered.

Due to not being able to secure the location for the speaker jam due to it being so close to the holidays, we have postponed the speaker jam until January so still need the \$250 check. Here is the kicker, PR has decided to combine our normally annual poster drive and speaker jam. PR is going to organize and create packets to distribute to our Area's doctor's office, DHHS offices, judges, court houses, anywhere with a bulletin board so we can hang up posters with detachable tabs with our website and hotline number on it. We are going to include packets for local hospitals that hopefully we can secure magnets for, to include in the emergency room packets with IPs and schedules and posters, just because magnets will end up somewhere in possible eyesight and not get tossed in a drawer or something. We are planning on January 13th. Kari is checking with the church.

So, to coordinate that we are going to request an additional \$300, it might not all be used but that is so we are prepared. We are going to have all of these packets ready so at the speaker jam, we can have them in case people from more distant cities decide to come, and can take them back to their towns to distribute. If they do not come, we at PR will make sure they are distributed properly and Zach W, our fellowship development coordinator, and I will have some in our cars available at all times.

To update you on some of our facilities,

We are back in Phoenix, I reported this last month but I'm still excited about it. Dakoske moved their meetings from Monday to Wednesday and the volunteers have been very willing to move this around and make it work in their schedules. Detox is going good but I believe we could always use more volunteers. Please reach out to Casey D. with willingness, clean time is 1 year for detox. We are requesting 100\$ for IPs.

The jails. Oaks facility in Manistee is going good, but can always use more volunteers. Male volunteers, with over a year off of papers. Still no communication with the Grand Traverse County Jail. I am working on writing a letter and starting a new line of communication to send to the head of the jail. Wexford county jail is looking very good for us to go into soon. Yon is lining that up, if there is willingness in Cadillac for that facility, please contact Yon.

Yesterday, 11/18, Zach W. went to Ludington to check out their meeting and brought back some contact information for us. He also let us know that people are going into the local jail down there, and they need literature. This one seems confusing and I will get with the committee and see our next steps with Ludington.

We are going to request an amount of 200 schedules be printed to get us until the new one's come out in January. There are a lot of meetings that have zero. When we do reprint schedules in January I am hoping to up the number to 1500 with all of the treatment facilities being open. So, in conclusion we need some money. I need the 250 that was already approved before. We need \$300 for the poster drive, change will probably be given. Some schedules to be printed asap to get us through December. :)

IN LOVING SERVICE, KATY G.

Retreat:

The 2024 retreat subcommittee has started off with a bang! We had elections in Oct. and have half of our positions filled. We still need a co-chair, secretary, treasurer, and facilities coordinator. Please announce at meetings.

Also, at that meeting we discussed “reimagining” NWACNA. As expected, we all had diverse opinions and ideas ranging from “no, we want to keep things the same” all the way to “yes, we need to totally reinvent the retreat. “We all agreed that we want to do what would best serve the fellowship. In an effort to do so we would like to ask the fellowship what they want to do, a convention at a local hotel, a retreat center, or a traditional campout. We have also created a survey that is out on social media and has been emailed/texted to past attendees. I have brought hard copies for the GSR’s to take back to groups. Please discuss at your group conscience meetings and return to next area in December.

One thing that was decided is that we will not be holding the retreat at Ranch Rudolf and that has been communicated to Ranch Rudolf (11-3-23).

We had our first fundraiser, a pancake breakfast on Nov. 11th and after expenses (\$86 for supplies & \$50 to the church) we raised \$145 (\$40 Venmo & \$105 cash) which I am turning in to the Area Treasurer today to be deposited into retreat funds. This brings the retreat balance up to \$2145.

In loving service, Melissa W

Group Reports:

Group: Back to Basics

GSR: Jen S. proxy for Adam N.

Average attendance: 4

Donation to Area: None

Any open positions? Yes, ALL

How is the group going? Going well. Need NA members with a year or more to support the newcomers. Thanksgiving is the only week we will not be open. There will be a sign and post that will direct addicts to another meeting.

Decision on subject(s) presented to the Group: None

Subject(s) brought to Area from the Group: None

Group: Growth Through Recovery

GSR: Jen S. proxy for Jeff B.

Average attendance: Low

Donation to Area: None

Any open positions? Yes

How is the group going? Sunday's meeting is going well. Tuesday's evening meeting has not had very much attendance. A meeting was held regarding possibly closing down the Tuesday night meeting. We will be open for the next three months. The group will then revisit the idea of closing the meeting if there is no support. COULD REALLY USE SOME SUPPORT, please announce at meetings.

Decision on subject(s) presented to the Group: None

Subject(s) brought to Area from the Group: None

Group: Just For Today

GSR: Tim C.

Average attendance: 10

Donation to Area: \$25

Any open positions? Most positions are open

How is the group going? Group is going ok other than needing trusted servants. Could really use some support.

Decision on subject(s) presented to the Group: None

Subject(s) brought to Area from the Group: None

Group: Lean On Me

GSR: Brad S.

Average attendance: \$15

Donation to Area: \$25

Any open positions? No

How is the group going? Really good

Decision on subject(s) presented to the Group: None

Subject(s) brought to Area from the Group: None

Group: New Attitudes

GSR: Jim C.

Average attendance: 6

Donation to Area: None

Any open positions? Yes

How is the group going? Group is doing well.

Decision on subject(s) presented to the Group: None

Subject(s) brought to Area from the Group: None

Group: New Freedom

GSR: Alt. Tasha D.

Average attendance: 15-20

Donation to Area: None

Any open positions? No

How is the group going? Fine. Lots of newcomers. Could use support of 1 or more years clean to help with the newcomers.

Decision on subject(s) presented to the Group: None

Subject(s) brought to Area from the Group: None

Group: Recovery @ 5/0

GSR: Kari R.

Average attendance: 10-15

Donation to Area: \$41.25

Any open positions? Yes

How is the group going? The group is continuing to grow and newcomers are filling up the seats.

Decision on subject(s) presented to the Group: None

Subject(s) brought to Area from the Group: None

Group: Recovery First

GSR: Jared G.

Average attendance: Monday and Thursday around 10, Tuesday night 45

Donation to Area: None

Any open positions? No

How is the group going? Good. Hosting "Gobble till you wobble" friendsgiving pot luck on Friday, November 24th. Also hosting the Holiday party from December 24th at noon to Decembers 25th at noon. There will be spots to sign up for.

Decision on subject(s) presented to the Group: None

Subject(s) brought to Area from the Group: None

Group: Rock'n Recovery

GSR: Alt. Christina R.

Average attendance: 17

Donation to Area: None

Any open positions? No

How is the group going? Great. Had our elections and all positions filled. Have had some out of town newcomers so yay! Potluck and speaker meeting on November 29th starting at 6pm.

Decision on subject(s) presented to the Group: None

Subject(s) brought to Area from the Group: None

Group: Woman in Recovery +

GSR: Megan

Average attendance: 22

Donation to Area: \$40

Any open positions? Secretary and GSR

How is the group going? Good

Decision on subject(s) presented to the Group: None

Subject(s) brought to Area from the Group: None

Budget Request:

RCM request \$205 (Room \$128 plus \$19.35 tax) (\$56.65 for milage) Approved.

RCM request \$300 for regional donation. Approved.

Activities \$45.84 (no approval needed)

PR request \$650 (\$300 poster drive, \$100 IP's, \$250 speaker jam) all approved.

Old Business:

Pete talked about in our last Area Meeting prudent reserve not knowing if it is enough or too much. We talked that the prudent reserve is for our monthly amount if needed. Hannah B. stated the numbers change month to month. Katy G suggested maybe adding an additional \$100. Jim felt that we may not need it. It was stated that Area has had to use the prudent reserve at least 2 times over the last 2 years. Melissa W. stated that it is recommended by World and Regain. Area body decided to keep the \$200 in prudent reserve and no further investigation is needed.

New Business:

Melissa W. stressed how important it would be for all of us to take to our groups the "reimagining" survey for the possible new look of retreat. Melissa W. stated she will need all forms submitted by Decembers Area Meeting.

Discussions of the adhoc questions and answers that were submitted in September. Jim C. is working with Sally on an upcoming workshop event to go over questions.

Jim asked to have the attendee's contact info sheet added to the Minutes. Melissa W. suggested to print out a typed attendee's info and bring it to the Area Meetings and info can be added or changed but having a printout would be helpful.

Secretary will type up an updated contact list that will be emailed along with the minutes, but the contact list WILL NOT be added to the website.

Next Meeting: December 17th, 2023

Close

Thank you for letting me serve,

Christina R. Area Secretary